Punkaharju torch skating friday 22.2.2019
Welcome to experience a magnificant evening-on-the -ice event! Skate your way right in the heart of the beautiful Punkaharju ridge. 6 km of skating tracks are lighted up with outdoor candles. We will light up approx. 6 km of the skating route with outdoor lights and "Lumberjack candles" - big wooden torches, which will guarantee a great atmosphere. There is equipment rental at Harjun Portti and kick-sled rental at Kruunupuisto. No track fees are collected.
AT HARJUN PORTTI (Next to Retretti-train stop)
- Restaurant open until 23.00 (kitchen works until 22)
- Equipment Rental open until 21.00, reserve your equipments beforehand!
- Kota-shelter open in the shore as a bar, between 18-21.30. (cash only)
- Skating route lighted with outdoor candles at least to Kruunupuisto
AT KRUUNUPUISTO (SPA-HOTEL)
- Waffle-cafe at the shore between 18-22.00 (card and cash)
- Kick-sled rental until 22.00 at the shore (cash only)
No ticket fees are collected, so it is free to use the track on that evening.
ARRIVE ON TRAIN: Train stop is right in front of restaurant and rental of Harjun Portti! Connection from Parikkala or Savonlinna, our train stop is called Retretti, check the schedules from www.vr.fi or below:
Train schedules on 22.2.: (double check these from www.vr.fi)
- Savonlinna - Retretti 18.37 - 18.58
- Retretti - Savonlinna 20.13 - 20.37
- Retretti - Savonlinna 22.18 - 22.42