Nordic skating tracks of Punkaharju
Nordic skating is an fantastic, safe way to experience the natural ice and enjoy lake Saimaa in winter! Our 16 km skating track network of Punkaharju is one of the longest in Finland and has suitable, short routes for families and beginners, but also long routes for experienced skaters.
The track starts from the shore of Holiday Resort Harjun Portti, 100m away from the restaurant and equipment rental. We also use a secondary starting point at the some stages of winter, which is 900m away from rental.
In 2021-2022 there is 4 routes, when everything is open:
- 5 km route to Haataansaari island to campfire spot
- 7,5 km from Harjun Portti to Siplahti (via Kruunupuisto) and back
- 1,8 km route around Kaarnalahti bay
- 1,5 km route around Valkialampi pond
Route INFO AND SERVICES
- Follow the weekly updated skating info from the diary. Skating tracks are open usually from New Year to end of March, depending on the winter. Condition of tracks change very often.
- Open the skating map from here, check the diary for updated info
- In Haataansaari there is a campfire spot
- Atmospheric waffle cafe in shore of Kruunupuisto, open on winter holiday seasons. Check opening hours from Kruunupuisto websites!
Ticket prices to skating track
- Day 8 € / person
- 3 days 20 € / person
- Season 60 € / person
- Children 7-12-years for -50 % discount and children under 7-years for free
Equipment Rental operates in the starting point, ticket fees are included in the skating packages.'
Check out also our very special Torch Skating-event held every February, when skating track is lighted up with outdoor candles!