Nordic skating tracks of Punkaharju
Nordic skating is an fantastic, safe way to experience the natural ice and enjoy lake Saimaa in winter! Our 15 km skating track network of Punkaharju is one of the longest in Finland and has suitable, short routes for families and beginners, but also long routes for experienced skaters. The track starts from the shore of Holiday Resort Harjun Portti, 100m away from the restaurant and equipment rental.
Skating tracks are open usually from late December to end of March, depending on the winter. Condition of tracks change depending on weather, see the weekly updated info of tracks open from our skating diary.
15 km of skating tracks, consisting of 3 different routes:
- 7 km track to Haataansaari with a nice campfire spot
- 8 km track to the southside of spahotel Kruunupuisto, to Siplahti bay
- 2 km track to Kaarnalahti
Waffle café along the route
There is located a Waffle café along the skating route, which is open every weekend and every day during the winter high season. The waffle cafe operates in a beautiful "Inkeritalo" in the shore of Kruunupuisto, 2,5km from the start point.
- Starting from Sat 26.1.2018: Open saturdays and sundays between 11-16
- Between Sat 16.2.2019 - Sun 10.3.2019 Open every day between 11-16
- Between 11.3.2019 - FRI 15.3.2019 Open every day between 11-16
Ticket prices to skating track
- Day 8 € / person
- 3 days 20 € / person
- Season 50 € / person
- Children 7-12-years for -50 % discount and children under 7-years for free
Equipment Rental operates in the starting point, ticket fees are included in the skating packages (full skating package 23€/person/day).